Re: Gas Tank??

Dale,
  I went through the saga of trying to find acceptable gas tanks for
my '68 800 since both needed repair when I bought the truck.  My
setup is for a tank in front of each rear wheel well, but my service
manual shows more than just a few configurations, and an under-bed
tank is one option (I believe).  Watch out when you get a possible
replacement - one I had sent to me had very thin spots due
to rust-pitting on the back side which immediately became pinholes
when I tried brushing off the rust.  Unfortunately, I don't know of
an inexpensive source for replacements.  I'm sure some of the Scout
parts places have them, but they usually start at around $125+ for
the used ones (each).
HTH,
Myron