Re: PTO

Tom Mandera wrote:

> waterproof a PTO driven Alternator.. or, Northern Hydraulic has a PTO
> driven air compressor for $140.. again, have to figure out how to
> -Tom

An old street rodder trick (to give an ultra-clean engine compartment)
is to run the alternator off of a pulley on the driveshaft, course you
only charge when moving...
On a farm where I worked they had an old jeep that they used for a
portable welder, they had a large (1' dia x 2 1/2' long) generator type
welder, normally driven by an electric motor, mounted where the
passenger seat should be and driven by the pto.  Great for repairs in
the field.
Eric