radiator blinds

FYI
My daughter's 70 model 800 owners manual (yep it came with the original
owners manual) suggests blocking the radiator for winter driving. Under the
heading "Winterfront" "The use of a good winterfront, to maintain an engine
operating temperature between 182 and 200 F. is recommended." It goes on to
remind us to drain the cooling system in freezing weather if we don't use
antifreeze.

Right now the 800 has the entire grill blocked and no heat (or indication
of heat on the gauge in spite of a new 180 thermostat) unless you get some
sustained driving of 50-60 mph for 15-20 minutes. I may go to an aux
electric heater.

Good holiday to one and all!