WinchPossibilities

Revisiting the winch thread, I watched part of "The Gods Must
Be Crazy" last night, the part where the winch hoists the Land Rover
off the ground up into the tree.  I have never used a winch.  I can
reason that one could jack up the front end as done also in the
movie, but to lift the whole vehicle???  Even if we assume the
batteries are up to it, and capable of operating without fail on
their side, is this possible???  Love that film, makes me want to
go out and buy an old Land Rover. (Good for me that they are
impossible to find in the midwest).  Mark