Re: Onboard Air

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997 22:34:55 -0700 (MST), Tom Mandera wrote:

>The CH parts all have this nifty color and shape coded tag on 'em that
>will tell you what will operate what.  (i.e. the 380lb-ft impact wrench
>wants a 3hp w/ reservoir)
>
>So how would an on-board air compare?  I've heard they can flow a good
>deal of air, at some rather high pressures.. but, assuming it's all
>capped off at 150psi (run 90-125), what type of cfm would I be looking
>at, at idle and at 2000rpm? (or wherever).  Also, what "hp" rating would

I have a york conversion in my Wrangler with what I guess is a 10
gallon tank. It runs my air tools faster and better than my 3hp CH in
the garage. It also takes less time to fill the tank. I couldn't tell
you how many HP it is but if it doesn't have enough oomph you just havr
to up the idle.
Jerry Whitteridge
jrwhitt@domain.elided
91 Jeep Wrangler