Learning "slowly and Painfully"

ihc-digest wrote:

> For those of you just learning how to work on your scout, truck, car,
> etc.
> - --Remember that education isn't cheap. Sometimes you have to break
> something to learn how it really works. Cuts, burns, bruises, empty
> wallets, mad spouses, are the seals on your diploma!
>
> Mark Prescott
> 77SSII

AMEN to that!!!!

I've had my Scout for only 2 months now, and probally broken the same
amount I've fixed! in between my job and sleep I try to work on it.
Problem is I'm tired and frustrated by that time.  Old parts don't have
the strength and endurance for my attempts to learn
the skills  nessary to be a Scout mechanic.  But, I've found that Liquid
Wrench is god
sent for those parts that will not move till that are in three pieces.

Does anyone actually have a Scout that is FULLY restored and looks &
runs great???
Can it actually be done, I admit I'm only into this deal for 2 months
but it still feels like I'm playing catch up and I don't even drive it
YET!  I'm in this for the learning expericence, not the empty wallet I
now have....

* also thanks to the person whom warned us about taking off the inside
door panel
about the large metal object that falls on your FEET, OUCH!  I read that
post 2hrs
after I crushed my big toe!  Any others have any warnings I don't know
yet I'm going out to fix my window now...

P.S.  I showed the Scout to my Girlfriend asked her to sit in it, she
sat for  10 seconds and said "o.k. can I get out now?"  I think I'm now
in the same boat as all
the others whom say their wife wishes the scout wouldn't come back.

			Ed Kraus
			Edkraus@domain.elided
			1974 Scout II