Emergency Kits:

My emergency kit contains:
1) Cell phone.

Uh,.. I guess that's it.  The car DOES have an idiot spare and a jack and lug wrench,
because they put them in at the factory!
I base this kit on several truths:

1) How far really are you going to get from civilization in a vehicle that gets 8 MPG?
Not even including what leaks out the filler vents.
2) Murphy's Law says that what will go wrong will be what you don't have, especially
if you keep up proper maintenance.  So I figure if I go through all the trouble to lug all
that sh&t around, Mr. Murphy will make sure that something *expensive* will break,
instead.   I'd rather be sitting there wishing I had points than wishing I had an extra
tranny.
3) 99% of all breakdowns occur when your wife is out with the truck,
ensuring that you have to deal with both an unhappy vehicle
and an unhappier wife.  She's not exactly likely to
feel like following your directions on how to hook up
the timing light in a rainstorm.  It's better that the first male face
she sees belongs to a tow truck driver, not me.

However, I *would* think differently if I was going to be driving
around Wyo. in the winter, fer sure.

'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'71 1010 Travelall  392 auto