Re: THE BEAST RUNNITH!!! *was freaking Travelall*

Luke Nelson <lnelson@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>Well all, I decided to go and put in the points while I was waiting for
>the carb rebuild kit to come (should be here shortly) and after a lot of
>care was taken to getting the gap right and time correct I started it up
>and it ran very well :)  I am very pleased.  In fact after I built up some
>confidance I even blew the doors off of a Waggoneer :)

Congratulations Luke!

The lesson learned here is to never skip the small stuff.  In the future,
start with a good tune-up first, then work your way into the more difficult
trouble shooting issues.  I'd like to encourage you to go ahead and put the
carb kit in anyway.  You're engine is going to be even happier when that carb
gets cleaned up.

Merry Christmas,

John

jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |