Age and Drums

>Thanks again,
>Denni
>
>P.S.  When you're my age, you'll look back at 21 fondly :).  BTW, I'm 24!!

Hey, who brought up this age thing anyway? Must have been Howard. I liked
Tom Lang's formula as it made a lot of you older than I.
John

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:23:18 EST
>From: n9ads@domain.elided (Howard R Pletcher)
>Subject: Re: Removing Rear Brake Drums
>
>One trick I've used to get rear drums off when they are rusted to the
>center hub is to jack up the rear and remove the wheels.  Then start the
>engine and run the axle up to about 25 mph in high, depress the clutch,
>and stab the brakes.  Repeat this in reverse and repeat the whole cycle
>several times.  After several cycles, you should hear the clunk as the
>studs move slighly in their holes.

Great idea, Howard. It also illustrates that point I made in digest a ways
back that you should not file or grind out the center hole of the drum.
John Hofstetter

  If this is happening, you'll soon