Re: One point turn

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Steve Stegmann wrote:

> The OPT that you see on the Dukes is called a bootlegger turn.  It's
> done with the emergency brake to make the back wheels slide while the
> fronts still grip. I've never become proficient at it.  With the foot
> operated emerg brake it's pretty clumsy to do.  Rig a hand brake

It can be done with a foot e-brake if you have an auto transmission.
Trust me.  :)

Guess I should get my own one-point turn story in here. :)  Much more
recently than I should probably admit, I was driving the '83 Mustang GT I
used to have one rainy day.  An old friend was in the back seat, and a
very recent friend (who didn't know my habits :) ) was in the passenger
seat.  I pulled in a parking lot to turn around, and the guy in back yells
"Donut!"  As it happened, the guy in front had a box of donuts, and
started to hand it back, thinking he was asking for one.  At the same
time, I, knowing what he'd really meant, whipped the steering wheel left
and yanked the hand brake, and the guy in front just about soiled my
sheepskin seat cover when he saw the world flying toward him through the
side window.  As I recall he failed to see the humor in the situation, but
the other two of us couldn't stop laughing for some time.

Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759