80 Scout value

There is a local man who bought a Scout II brand new in 1980.  He has taken
VERY good care of it.  No rust, very good paint, stripes still good, a/c
works, 345, auto, cruise.  He will sell it to someone who loves Scouts and
will take good care of it.  88,000 original miles!!  It was his SUV before
there were SUVs.  Mostly weekends hunting and fishing.

He will not quote a price.  Wants me to make him an offer.  I have a
feeling he wants too much for it because of sentimental reasons, but I want
to make on offer anyway.

How much would you offer for one in this condition?

Paul