Spindle rings/nuts

Todd,
I don't have a 44 under my 800, but it sounds like the size is the same as
mine.  I *think* I have a 30, so I don't know how much difference there is
between them.  Anyway, the nut number I got from NAPA is a Spicer number.
The number is 17016.  I have CarQuest numbers, and I *think* they are for
the nuts and washers.  The nut number is 615-126.  The washer number is
618-045.  I don't know if these will work for you or not, but if you can
take your old ones off and take them with you, you should be able to
compare fairly easily.  As memory serves me right, the nuts were something
like 9 bucks apiece. :( (OUCH!!)  Anyway, like I said, this is for my 800,
so I can't gaurantee the numbers, but it sounds like they might be the
same.  It's been a while since I tried to track this stuff down, so I
don't know for sure if those CQ numbers are what I am thinking about.  I
don't remember if NAPA could get them or not...  Anyway, hope this helps.
The parts store guys didn't ask me what axle it was for (i.e. 30 or 44),
so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be the same.  Does anyone
agree/disagree??.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - "Sweet Machine"
1965 Scout 80 - parts