a recap on what I have done to the Travelall

IH all :)

        I wanted to repost my phlight and to give info on what I have done
cause I tihnk that I might have neglected to say what all I have done.

        It always ran a little weird, like it really hadn't been driven
much and there is 88,000 miles on the odometer and there was a OBSCENE
amount of carbon buildup.  I got my brother to sit in it while I sprayed
carb cleaner and then he floored it and phlums of dark stinky black smoke
came out both tailpipes and then it ran like a top.  I am farly certin
that there is no carbon or any deposits in there.

        Then about a week ago the travelall started to run chuggy, and
just had some hesitation.  And as time went it got worse and worse finally
to the point where it would chug when you put a healty amount of gas to
it.  And I was thinking that I got some bad gas.  So I filled up the gas
can and headed north up I-25 to Wyoming and finally ran out of gas down
the road.  I put in new gas and it still ran crappy, I then added some
HEET.

        So I decided to do a tune-up, cause I bought it nto too long ago
and needed to do that anyway.  So I replaced the plugs, wires, coil, cap,
and rotor.  I have never done points but I got them and was going to get
help doing those.  I didn't get the condenser or fuel filter cause I
couldn't find one.

        Well it still ran crappy and I adjusted the carb to lean idle
dropoff. And still real bad running, so I checked the timeing and that is
when I found that when I pulled off the vaccum advance line (but I didn't
plug it) it dies.

        What I believe the problem to be is something with the Throttle
plate or with the vaccum advance, when you get on the gas it chugs and
sputters and will continue to chug And sputter till you let off the gas
then it runs fine.  And if you slowly push on the gas, it will run fine -
the problem seems to be when you push on the gas.

	And when I went to disconnect the vaccum advance to time it.  I
was able to kepe it running once by holding on the throttle, and I hooked
the advance back up and it still chugged untill I let off the gas.  Just
like it does while driveing.  IT chuggs under load and lets up when you
let up the gas.

        I cna't think of anything else I have forgotten - the carb rebuild
kit is 8 dollers at NAPA (I knwo :)  and it is ordered.  Does this sound
like a problem withthe vaccum advance or with points?  Any info ou can
provide is GREATLY appreciated :)

Thansk :)
Luke