Backfires, Freakin' T-all

>	That is of course unless it backfires than it lets off a nice ball
>of fire.  Speaking of that if you know your carb is backfireing, it isn't
>all that wise to sit your head over it to watch those butterfly valves
>while someone runs the gas - it can backfire and you then loose your
>eyebrows (I am really fine and I dont' have acne no more either :)  Thank
>goodness I had a hat on :)

Been there, done that!! (without a hat)  Eyebrows and eyelashes do grow
back!

On the backfire thing, check the accelerator pump.  With the engine OFF,
hold the choke open and work the throttle, or have someone press the
gas pedal.  Watch for two small streams of gas shooting just below
where the choke closes.  If it isn't working, you are do for some
internal carb cleaning/work, or linkage repair.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup