Electronic Ignition, exhaust, 392 died

Guys/Gals/Other IH driving lifeforms,

I have my Accel digital ignition system (like MSD) that I haven't put on
because of the horror stories about burning up the
its-not-a-magnetic-pickup. How have people hooked up their electronic
ig. - the instruction show prestolite ig with one brown wire coming out
and one white. I have two(!) brown (or is it white?).

I just got my headers back from the Jet-Hot Coating people $369 for the
headers from OutBack parts in WA and $295 for ceramic coating inside and
out (ouch) - they garantee the headers for life if you get them coated
inside and out. I was going to try to run a 2.5" by the xfer case on the
right side, how much grinding has anyone had to do to get this to fit?

My girlfriend's 79 Scout died, it started ticking and I thought it was
just the PS pump pulley (someone snapped off three bolts on the pulley
and it made a hard to locate, ticking sound) and I thought it had come
loose again. Replace all the belts, Grade 8 bolts (except for the one
snapped off below the surface of the crank pulley face) and still
ticking! OK maybe a lifter, drive home, turn off the key in the driveway
and then try the key again, the engine turns but does fire. Anyone in
Northern Cal know of a good place for a rebuild?, or should I try to get
a crate 392 from the IH dealer in Santa Rosa 8-) when I get my next job?
What are prices people have paid for rebuilds? Lonnie Jensen (local shop
with racing and industrial experience) said around $2K?

Thanks,

Rob Kasper
Moving to Santa Rosa - NAPA and an IH Dealer - live will be good.