Luke's carb woes

Luke,
	I've got the same problem, but not to the same degree of severity.  I
would guess that your not flooding, but just the opposite.  You mat the
pedal and a rush of air gets sucked in, if the mix doesnt suddenly increase
you basically run out of gas leaning it out, hence the advent of an
acclerator pump.  The accelarator pump dumps a quick shot of fuel into the
throat of the carb for a sudden rich mixture to compensate for the sudden
increase in air flow.  If your carb was flooding, you could check the plugs
for moisture i.e gas.  If your problem is more like I explain, then your
engine will probably rev up if you slowly push down the pedal and open  the
butterflys, avoiding a the sudden increase in air in the mix which
effectively leans out the mix too much for engine to run.  It picks right
up again when you let off because the mixture is back to being rich enough
for the engine to run.
	What I'm TRYING to say is, rebuild the F*#@!^% thing, and make sure
the accelerator pump works bench side before puttin' back on the T-all!
Hope this makes sense, I was never good in English, that's why I'm an
engineer.;)
Layda,
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20