Battery mats

IH folks,

        I recall a few weeks back someone was looking for a way to keep
their new battery from slowly eating the battery tray.  I didn't have any
different suggestions at the time, and I believe the consensus was to
install a 'sacrificial' piece of aluminum between battery and tray.  Well,
Case held their usual huge trade fair about a month ago in lovely Nashville,
TN and our shop foreman returned telling us he had ordered some new battery
products from a new allied vendor, Pulsetech products.
        Today I found out this includes a battery mat made of 1/8" thick
neoprene that contains acid-neutralizing compounds to prevent just the sort
of damage we're all trying to avoid!  I've got 10 in stock at my store ('til
Friday, then I'll have four to install in my vehicles!) and I believe any of
your local Case/IH dealers can help supply you with these nifty items.  The
battery mats are 8"x12" which should be enough to handle most everyone's
batteries (mine will take two!).  Suggested retail is $4.99.  I'll have to
look up the part #'s if anyone needs it. Sorry, I forgot to bring them home
with me...:)
        Pulsetech also makes some other cool products, so check them out at
www.pulsetechproducts.com if you're interested!

Denni Feagins
'73 Scout II/V-304/TF727/Dana 20