Re: more questions again

cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees) scribbled in the sand:

>   5. This is the 3rd Scout II I've bought. Does anyone have the
>original jack thet was located in the engine compartment? ThreeScouts no
>jack in any of them.

Dan,

This must be the *first* accessory owners leave in the ditch by the road after
changing their first flat!  I know they're considered next to useless by some
folks, but I wish people wouldn't do that.  The 1976 Traveler I bought (I'm
the 3rd owner) was missing it, the jack handle and the lug wrench.  I bought
all three from a fellow Digest member out of Arizona I think (a long with a
few other misc. missing parts).  As someone else mentioned, it's your standard
bottle neck jack with a heavy stamped metal base plate.  I've seen several of
these in Ford pickups that could easily be mistaken for the IH jack if you
weren't careful.  The base plate has a hole in one corner that fits over the
threads of a bolt sticking up in the corner of the fender ledge.  The jack
handle (crank) is secured over the jack and into a clip to hold it in place.

>   6. The line set ticket has some things I can't figure out. What is a
>24 J GEMMER W/ JT COL? It says SCOUT II 12 C PROTOTYPE what does that
>mean?

Wow!!!  You have the much sought after early prototype rocket powered Scout II
with the Gemmer brand model 24J turbine, with the optional Jet Cooler.  What a
find!  You lucky dog.

Happy holidays,

John

jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |