Re: more questions again

>   3. Will a power steering box drop right in?

AFAIK, Yep.  I plan to do this to my '72 this winter.. I have a PS gearbox
and pump from Willy Cunningham's Parts Terra sitting in my garage.

IMPORTANT FACTS:

You'll either need to change out the lower steering column from the manual
to the p/s column, OR

Find a Travelall with Power Steering (is that right, or is it a manual
t'all?) or pickup, and swipe the .. er.. rag-joint area thingy from it.

The manual gear box Scouts used a finer spline count on the lower column
than the p/s equipped trucks.  The T'all/Pickup part allows you to hookup
the fine spline manual column to the rag-joint on the p/s box.

Someone remind me what I'm talking about.. I need to place an order for this
part soon!

>   4. How about the power booster for the brakes?

This is in the FAQ, but the short of it.. Yep.  You'll need to use a drill
on the firewall where the booster bolts up.. the bolts are welded to the
inside of the firewall, but the holes were never cut.. just help it out with
a drill to expose the holes, then bolt up the booster bracket and go on your
way.  Caution between using a late model (post '73) booster.. you may need
to change out your radiator overflow jug due to some interference.

>   5. This is the 3rd Scout II I've bought. Does anyone have the
>original jack thet was located in the engine compartment? ThreeScouts no
>jack in any of them.

I have the original jack in both of mine.. my '72's works fine (already used
it once or twice), but the original bottle jack in my '77 is trashed, so I
*think* it's in the pile of parts in the garage still.. might've thrown it out.

>24 J GEMMER W/ JT COL? It says SCOUT II 12 C PROTOTYPE what does that
>mean?

I think Howard mentioned something about this before.. you may also find
something about a Scout 810.  '71 was the transition year from the Scout
800B to the Scout II, and IH didn't necessarily have everything line up..
they couldn't figure out what to call it, originally supposed to be the
Scout 810, so a few quirks in the line setting stuff is to be expected.

>   Sorry I've been talking alot but when you  think you know your Scout
>pretty good there is always something different  comes up.

Either that, or I have a new and improved idea! :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs