Re: Breaking dipsticks.

ThomasReb <ThomasReb@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>All this talk about crankshafts, sumps, and oil capacity reminded me of a
>problem I have encountered. I have two oil dipsticks that have broken off at
>the full mark (the full mark is stamped in). I am wondering what I can or
>should do to make sure the one I have left doesn't also break. I have thought
>about trying to aneal it with a torch. Did this topic come up in the recent
>past?
>
>Any ideas for the broken ones?

Wow Tom,

Any reason why they might be breaking?  I mean, the end of the dipstick
shouldn't be touching anything except oil!  I've never heard of this.

Happy holidays,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |