Re: re towing scout

snip:<Subject: Re:  Towing a scout II

<<Has anyone out there tried flat-towing a Scout ?  I'm a little
worried about it's steering, as it doesn't return to center
worth a damn.  In my understanding, you are relying on the
return-to-center to keep the towed vehicle in line.  Is this
true ?  If so, can anyone suggest a solution ?>>

  Clay,

      I recently  towed a 1980 Scout behind my pickup about 850 miles. I
tied the steering wheel with a tarp strap so it could move,

>>end snip.

The 1980 Scout had 2 degrees more caster.  So wheels will center better.
I would put it on a trailer.