reverse shackle on an 800

I am considering a reverse shackle on my '66 800.  Of course, I realize
that this will be requiring a great deal of fabrication.  I will probably
do a spring over on the rear at the same time.  I guess my question is
that has anybody done this??  Just how hard is it?  Is there some kind of
kit available?  Looking at Jim Weed's details on his homepage, it appears
to me that his front springs are under the axle.  I thought that when you
did a reverse shackle, you put the springs on top.  So do you put them on
top, or leave them under?  Also, what kind of driveshaft would you use?
Jim said he used one off of a F**d, but some of you have been talking
about cv's.  How much difference is there when doing a reverse shackle
between the 80/800 and the II's?  I know I won't be attempting to do this
until next summer at the earliest, but I would like some input before hand
so I know how much it is going to take.  I have access to stick welders,
and if there is anything hairy that can be removed from the Scout that
needs to be welded, a guy Dad works with could probably weld it.  So
welding shouldn't be a problem.  How much time and money should I expect
to sink into this little endeavor?  Any and all help is/will be _greatly_
appreciated.
If there is any chance of messing up the frame, don't worry, I have an
extra!!

Thanks again
Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - "Sweet Machine"
1965 Scout 80 - parts (with a good frame)