More replies...

First, let me offer my sincere apologies to anyone that got confused by
my Crankshaft-oil-lube-oral-meandering.  My friends Scout smoked awful (blew the
coolest smoke circles out the elphant gun exhaust though), until we changed the
oil.  My question now is:  Was it because it was the crank hitting the bath, or
draw into the pcv or what?  At 9.5 quarts it could have been both? I'm still not
really understanding the sling-spray technique everyone is talking about.  Does
each journal have a hole to spary the piston skirt?  How do cyl. walls get
lubed?

        That being said, now onto more meandering...

Howard,  With all this talk about head-swapping, what is the true grit on the
block/bore/stroke setup for IH engines?  I thought the similarities were:

266,304 same crank different bore,
304,345 different crank same bore
345,392 same crank different bore

Is this bunk?

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.

Ed,

        I just had a 3" custom installation in my T'all this past
Friday.  The guy took the two 2.25" pipe and mated them under the left
side, (drivers floor) to a single 3" pipe.  The 3" pipe then goes to a
single 3" DynoMax muffler, then 3" up over the axle and out the left
side under the rear fender behind the wheel.  All tolled it was $300
+tax.  I had received quotes all the way up to $450 from many
places.  $170 sounds like an AWESOME deal for the factory setup.