RE: Re: OilPumpGasketSource?

WARNING WARNING! DO NOT DO THAT!
The distance between the end plate and the pump gears in VERY important to reduce oil foaming and low pressure.

The gasket is really damned thin. You can only really find them aftermarket in oilpump rebuild kits. Make sure you get one that supports the Scout II.
In the kit will be three styles of gaskets. One for the old pump style. One for travelall/pickups, and one for Scout II's. You should get at least two gaskets of each type in the kit. Runs about $35.
Check out the FAQ for more info on oilpump rebuilding.
I do find it strange that the IH dealer can't get it. Does anyone have a parts book to find the part number?