Re: Spare Tire Question

>What do you use (in size terms) for a spare???
>
>Would a smaller diameter spare cause problems in
>the diff when mated to a 31 on the other side????

Yep, it *WILL* cause problems.. as much of a problem as being stuck 40 miles
from nowhere?  Probably not, but...

In High School I drove (still have it) a '76 Chevy Luv 2wd pickup.. I went
wheelin' in it.. I trashed.. 9 tires during the 2 years of HS I drove it
(then I bought 4 brand new ones, which are on the truck to this day).

Anyhow, on one occasion, I was running P195/75R14s on my truck.  One of my
extra tires was a P185/75R14.. so I popped it on (front tire).  The truck
creaked and popped and banged a LOT going down the road (this lasted about 5
hrs.. tire was flat in the HS parking lot, had to get to work, changed the
OTHER side out that night).

When I got to work, I took a peek at the wheel I had just changed out.. ALL
of the lug nuts were VERY loose.. this, after driving a short mile from the
HS to work.

If you do it, BE CAREFUL.

-Tom