Spare Tire Question

To all of those Scout owners out there who run 31" (or
larger) tires....

What do you use (in size terms) for a spare???

My Scout 80 is pearched on 10.5 X 31's, but I don't
necessarily *want* to keep that large of a spare.

Would a smaller diameter spare cause problems in
the diff when mated to a 31 on the other side????

My 80 has a dana 27 in the front (stock) and a dana
44 in the rear (a prior owner must have swapped it in).

Thanks in advance for the advice

John Townley
San Diego, CA