Re: Oil Pump Gaskets

Hey Mark,

I do believe that the gaskets are critical to determining your end play
of the oil pump gears to oil pump cover plate clearence.  I think you
want ~ .003 " clearence between the two (double check that # with the
shop manual), and you pick and chose between the 2 or 3 gaskets in the
rebuild kit to achieve that.

BTW  if anyone has to get rid of one of their scout engines (ie for
storage space), take the time to remove the oil pump and save it or send
it to someone who can store it, since they don't make the pump any more.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveller (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (undergoing complete renovation)
75 Travelall (undergoing complete parts scounging for the above)
Member ScouTenn
"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds"