Oil Pump gasket

>I'd mic the old gasket and use that measurement as
>the basis for choosing the thickness of the new one.  I'd just chose the
>closest gasket thickness readily available.  I've never disassembled one of
>the pumps, so I don't know if the gasket thickness plays a critical part in
>the internal pump clearances... I would sort of doubt it's a very big
>issue... within reason!  I mean, if the old gasket was one of those paper
>thin types, I wouldn't try to use an 1/8" thick cork/rubber gasket.  That
>would surely be a mistake.
>
>Good luck,
>
>John

If you make your own gasket, be sure and mike the old gasket, as John
suggests. Based on what I think I know about how gear pumps work,unlike
John, I think the gasket thickness might be very important.
Somebody who really knows want to set us straight?
John

John Hofstetter
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"