New Book

To All on the List-

        Just wanted to announce that my new book is now available. The
"Illustrated Classic 4x4 Buyers Guide" is published by Motorbooks
International (Classic Motorbooks) and is available though their catalog
(800-826-6600) or via book stores. Amazon.com on the 'net also offers the
book and at a substantial discount.
        The book deals with the history and collectability of 4x4s built or
sold in America from 1902 into the early '70s, with a few marques
continuing into the early 1980s. Chapter 5, "International Harvester - From
Farm Machins to 4x4s," is the spot most of you will turn to first, but you
might find the rest of it of interest as perspective on the collectable 4x4
hobby in general. It has quite a bit of scope, but not as much as I would
have liked. I think I did justice to the old Binder (it's the 3rd largest
of 10 chapters, by far) but will welcome your critical comments.

        Jim Allen