re engine oil

The persons that reccomended the different oils to me were (when it
comes to Scouts) people we would all listen to.  The reason I want to
change oil is because at a prolonged 2800 revs the oil pressure will
drop from 40 to 20 pounds very rapidly, then when I back off to 2700
revs it climbs back up to 40lbs. It happens too quickly for heat. It
seems like oil starvation.

Bryan