Re: Hood latch problems

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Dean L. Kellogg, Jr wrote:

> I have been fighting with the hood release mechanism on my 1980 Scout
> II for quite some time.  It is so hard to release that I have pulled
> the knob off and now must grab the remaining stub with vice-grips.  I
> spent the weekend trying to realign the hood and latch
> mechanisms...all to no avail.  It seems that the spring on the latch
> mechanism is "overly strong".  Does anyone have suggestions on how to
> attack this problem?

At the risk of stating the obvious, a little lubrication helped mine
immensely.

Regards,
Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759