Partial AOL Solution

>>VEATCH1234@domain.elided  :  John Langmaid
ps Sounds like others are also having problems with AOL's email...Has anyone
found any solutions, or should I just give up and switch ISP's?
>>>TERNOV@domain.elided  :  Devin Smith
I'm also sure Richard is doing everything he can to correct such querks, I
don't know if anyone else is having similar problems...<<<<

I use AOL and actually like the file attach format.  I save to a desktop
folder (using simple descriptions like `5.31’) and then open with ClarisWorks,
though you could use any word processing application.  Converting to text via
a word processing application means I can also save to disk and view on a
machine that doesn’t have AOL software installed.  If you use Simpletext,
you’ll get a column of little boxes down the left hand side which are really
annoying.  I don’t have to log off to view and the ClarisWorks format allows
me to view text over the entire screen rather than with the email format and I
can edit the items I want to save easier.  It is also really easy to cut &
paste if I want to respond to a Digest.  There is no need to log off and on
again.  Just toggle between AOL and your desktop and away you go.

Steve Mallinson
62 C100 PU, no heat or defrost.
Seattle, WA