Re: Rear axle questions

>On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:15:03 -0500, Dirtball@domain.elided (Paul
>Brakefield) wrote:
>
>>on the outside of the cover.  One says "use only limited slip diff lube (or
>>something to that effect)" and the other has a 43-1 and 3.31 stamped on it.

Actually, I think you're looking at tooth count.. somewhere there should be
something like your 43-1, and somewhere else is another number, I think it
comes out to "43 teeth on this, 13 teeth on this" which comes out to 43:13,
or approx. 3:1 in this case.

The 3.31 is probably the ratio, which means the other half of your R&P would
say: 43 /3.3 = 13 (wow, what a close guessed example)

Wow.. I wonder if there's a "3" after that 1 in 43-1 somewhere?

-Tom