32 gallon fuel tank

>Subject: fuel tank but no fuel
>
>I put my 32 gallon tank on the other day and get no fuel out.  I've
>checked everything (8 gallons of fuel to proper vent and no kinked
>lines) and can't find anything.  I was hoping maybe somebody would have
>some insite before I have to drop the tank.  I put a washer pump on the
>outlet of the tank and got nothing, it acts like the pickup isn't down
>far enough.  This wouldn't make me very happy as that would mean that I
>can't use a 1/4 of the tank.
>Any thoughts would be helpfull.
>
>Mark
Hey Mark, are you getting air or nothing out of the washer pump?
Don't tell anyone else on the digest Mark, but my final solution to a
problem you will have with the tank even when you find out why the inlet
hose or pipe isn't reaching down into the gas, was to put a heavy duty
fitting and shield in place of the drain plug and getting my gas from
there. Before that, I had a high volume fuel pump right at the outlet on
top, and then my high pressure EFI pump picking up the job right after
that. Worked OK, but nearly as well as picking up the gas at the drain.
DANGEROUS IF NOT SHIELDED FROM ROCK SCRAPES
John

John Hofstetter
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"