re: oil bath air filters

Yes, I would agree that they probably filter better than most paper filters.
After all, military vehicles and heavy duty trucks have always used them to
my understanding. Personally, I thought the oil bath filter on my '65 Scout
80 was too restrictive. I swapped it out (I'm keeping it in case I ever
change my mind) in favor of a $20 racing filter/cleaner assembly by Mr.
Gasket. Its a 4" diameter by 2" tall model which is done up in chrome. At
first, I was upset that it was chrome, but it does really add a nice touch
under the hood. It matches the recently degreased/hand polished orange block
nicely. Don't worry, I won't be running neon pink plumbing or anything. This
is as far as my adventures in chrome land go. For the record, the filter is
not street legal, which in my book is bonus points.
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80
(I'm gonna see how many laws I can break with one vehicle!)