Subject: carb in desperate need of help

>Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:04:34 -0500 (EST)
>From: JWangelin@domain.elided
>Subject: carb in desperate need of help
>
>Greetings Scouters,
>
>I have had it up to here with my carb.  I have a 2300 double barrel holly
off
>of a 304.  It was in need of a rebuild, and I tried to keep it near stock
>spec.  My problem is that the gas is flowing through it like water over
>Niagra Falls.  It is running super rich.  After I turn it off, gas
continues
>to flow into the intake until the bowl is empty.  I am pulling out what is
>left of my hair and it is getting damm cold out here.  Can anyone offer up
>any suggestions.  I would prefer to do the work myself (limited budget).
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jon Wangelin
>1966 800
>1967 travelall

JW,
	Seems like your float is stuck or your needle valve is stuck open.
make sure you float floats, test it in a coffee can or something.  Make
sure the valve at the fuel inlet moves and operates freely.  Your fuel bowl
is over filling and the overflow is channelled right down the throat of the
carb.  You shouldn't be to far from a fix.  Take your time and make sure
everything works bench side before reinstalling it, i.e. all linkages,
acclerator pump(check balls get stuck), and dont be afraid to use two or
three cans of carb cleaner.  You'll happier with the resluts.
Layda,
Tark

'77 Terra 345/T19/D300/D44/3.07's