Re: Carb

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 22:00:22 +0000, George Humphrey
<ehckxs@domain.elided> wrote:

>Thanks for the info. I was not aware that dwell was a measure of the point
>gap. It registered 5deg. low. So my gap is to wide, right?

Right... your point contact gap is a bit too large.

>      As for the carb model, I took your advise and called Holley. They have
>never heard of my model# either. It must be a very rare carb indeed.:) He
>said I must have looked at the casting number. I've looked at the carb from
>every angle I can, without removing it. Where is the #? Any suggestions?

I've always seen the number on the front of the bowl... on the body of the
carb itself... NOT on the top.  If it's anything like the model 2210C, the
bowl should be facing the thermostat housing.  The numbers should then be
on the bowl facing the thermostat housing.  It's pretty hard to see
sometimes because of poor lighting coupled with the accumulated grime and
oxidation of the aluminum.  I had to take my old Holley model 2210C off
when I got ready to rebuild it just to clean and clearly see the numbers.
You have to have them in order to buy a rebuild kit.

Good luck,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |