Re: FAQ please...

Jeffrey:

The FAQ that we've been assembling is a bit different than most, I suppose.
 It's not merely a text document.  It's a collection of 18 different
"categories" -- each represented by an HTML file -- plus a master index and
a few miscellaneous files, for a total of 22 files in all.

It's all very intricately hyperlinked, from the master index to each of the
18 documents, and from a separate index at the top of each category page to
individual topics within a document.  Moreover, many of the answers
themselves have hyperlinks to further information & resources on the web.

It's set up to allow a group of about a dozen of us to work collaboratively
on assembling the document(s).  Additions, edits and deletions to a
"database" of questions & answers can be made through HTML "forms"
accessible through a browser. All twelve of us can work at our leisure (or
even concurently).  The collected data is then processed by an executable
script that generates the actual HTML with all the appropriate links.

Bottom Line:  It's on the web because it's WAY more than a mere text file.
I can gather these 22 files & ZIP em up for you, and send via e-mail.
You'll need to unZIP them into a single directory somewhere, and then
you'll still need web browser software of some type to view them. Let me
know if this sounds desirable to you.

If Richard has an anonymous FTP server somewhere, I can perform this
operation on a regular basis (say, monthly?) and stick the result out there
(IHC-FAQ.ZIP) along with a "FAQ_readme.txt" or something.  I can set up
such an anonymous FTP server, but it seems sorta silly for just a file or
two.

Sincerely,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin