Re:Tom's seat options

snip:
<Just musing this morning about what to do for seats in my '72 during my
<jumbo sized project..
end snip.

Lets hear from everybody out there as to what is their favorite
aftermarket/swap in seat...

I'll start off:
	My 76 Traveler has 83 Accord seats (buckets) on Scout II bucket
pedestals.  Pieces of 1/4" flat stock line up all the holes.  As of 5
years ago I had only $45.00 into them.  The drivers seat is now shot.
The 2 X 4 Lumbar support is not adjustable.  Probably the Junkyard dog
put too many miles on this seat before I got my paws on it.  They are
destined for the trash.
	My 74 Scout II has an 87 Cadilac Eldorado 6-way power bench
seat.  It was recovered using a kit that I ordered from Super Scout.  It
matches the black rear seat.  It offers great comfort and measures only
1" less in width than the stock Scout benches.  Seat is centered for the
driver leaving a little more room for the passenger to grab the seat
belt.  It is mounted on stock scout bench pedestals that have been cut
down and new top flanges welded in for mounting.  For a bench seat, side
lateral support is surpassingly good.  It is now commonly refereed to as
"The Scout with the couch"
	Years ago the Binder Bunch wrote about two bucket seat
conversions using a Foad' Bronco II seat and a Camaro seat.  If you
could still find these older seats they might not be in the best or
shape (read doggie).
	Several of the club members really like the Audi bucket seats.
They are as close to bolt in as one might expect and really comfortable.
I am guessing that they are an 80's seat.  Vehicles unknown.
	I have yet to find another bench seat that would fit reasonably.
Most midsize trucks are slightly too wide for the scout.  Most do not
tilt forward to allow anyone in back.  Most small trucks are not wide
enough.  So were back to buckets.  Most van or even mini-van buckets
have great bases, fabrics, comfort and would bolt right in?  But do not
tilt forward. ugh...
	The seat I am looking for are Ranger XLT seats.  They are
similar to "Recaro" seat and have an inflatable lumbar support and
adjustable extention under the legs. Similar seats were also used in
Foad T-birds.  There also is a 60-40 split bench that was used in
Rangers.  Someone in the club just installed a set by using a bunch of
metal from the hardware store and bolting it together.  I have yet to
see the install.
	I have not found the XLT seats yet as they are popular with
thieves as well.   Prices that I have been quoted are high-$800+.  Makes
the new Steel Horse seats at the 4 X shop sound real good.
	So lets hear about the best seat!

Rob Marks  NW Binders pres
74 Scout II/ssII square headlight grill/"scout with the couch"
76 Traveler/cracked head water injection option
80 Traveler tub and frame ready for motor