Re: Light truck axles

>ihc-digest         Tuesday, November 11 1997         Volume 05 : Number 014

>>>I think I've asked this question b4, but has anyone out there ever put
>>pickup axles under a Scout?
>>Andy Gladish
>>Guemes Is, WA
>>61 "Scout"
>>69 1200 4x4

I haven't seen it myself, but a guy here in TN set his Scout II up with the
light truck axles and 38" tires.  The only problem was, he didn't use any
traction bars or axle locators to prevent axle hop.  He got stuck one day
and his rear axle turned upward instead of his tires driving rearward...  He
tried to sell me the axles afterwards, too.  It doesn't sound like a bad
idea, but I would try to install ladder traction bars, a rear axle drag link
or something to prevent the axle housing from rotating.