Rear axle troubles

Hey folks,

I'm brand new to this list (but almost as old as my Scout :) and I have
suddenly developed a problem.  Friday night my rear axle ring gear carrier
cracked and spread.  Needless to say, the truck isn't going anywhere else on
its own.  Wouldn't you know it happened after I finally got my lights and
tags all correct ?!
Does anyone have advice on how to remove the (now destructed) carrier out of
the axle?  Does anyone have a favorite new rear differential or locker
manufacturer?
Are the rear axles full floaters?  Is this going to be hard? (I think I
already know this answer...)

Thanks in advance,
Denni <dfeagins@domain.elided>

'73 Scout II V-304, TF727, Dana ? (where's the manufacturer's ID on that thing?)