Re: ID of 1980 Scout for Dana 300

>        My IH loving dad thinks he's found a 1980 scout in a junk yard.  The
> ID plates have been painted over, and I'm trying to give him things to look
> for to be sure it really is a 1980 model. (The junk yard thinks it's a 1979)
>  I want the Dana 300 if it really is a 1980 model.  What things can he look
> for? The only two things I can think of are   1.  Square head lights   and
>   2. Speedo cable comes out of the passenger side of the Dana 300 instead of
> the drivers side of the Dana 20.   Is there any other way to tell?  Thank you
> for any info!
 I think I'd go more by the characteristics of the dana 300 itself - it's
not that uncommon to find an '80 Scout that's had the dana 300 swapped for
a dana 20.

 Later,                    /\  curt_cleavinger@domain.elided
   Curt                 /\/  \        /\
 [/</]   \_/       [\>\]              '75 Travelall 150
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II