re:ihc-digest v5 #9

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:34:52 -0500
From: Yank Yarborough <102557.1565@domain.elided>
Subject: Body Panels, front mounts, wiper blades

IH all,
I am preparing to perform cancer surgery on my 79 Scout II and would
like
information/opinions on who sells the best body panels and mounts.
Specifically, lower door skins, front fender between door and wheel
well,
front body mounts, and rear quarters. I need to decide if it is best to
go
with fiberglass or metal rear quarters. Any information or suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!
Also, there was a question about wiper blades recently. I have found
that
the ANCO (sp) 20-12 blades will fit the Scout are if the slot in the
blades
is filed out a bit.I  think these are J*&P blades.
Thanks in advance,
Yank

Yank, I don't know about fiberglass but I replaced my front body mounts
and the floors in my 79. I found that Tom at A.T Scouts had the best
prices. He is retired from international and supplies allot of the parts
to the other people who sells them. Most importantly they fit like a
glove, very little bending. They are galveleened and a hair thicker than
stock. I used the air chisel then the grinder to remove and prep. POR 15
everything and drilled a bunch of holes in the new parts then welded
(use 3M weldable primer). It was a weekend job- Not bad! At the same
time I did a body lift and new poly bushings.

Mike