Re: Carb stuff

>Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 19:44:32 -0500
>From: Tom and Amanda Lang <rustnrot@domain.elided>
>Subject: Cold Weather Bleues
>
>I wish I was referring to a Labatt Bleue, but hey, that's for you northern
>neighbors.  What I really am referring to is denser air at colder temps.
>Last digest I think I saw 3 instances that *might* be caused by denser air,
>therefore leaner mixture (less gasoline to air).  I'm almost positive the
>following one is.  If I were as busy as this person, I'd leave it alone,
>it'll go away next Spring.  However, for those of you who want to fiddle,
>I'd up the Jet size by 1.  Also when the Scout is cold, the choke is on,
>and therefore "thinner" air. =20
>
>**John Landry**, !!!Looking across the room and staring your way!!!, is
>what I've just said a "fair statement"?
>>I'm busy studying anesthesiology textbooks tonight (and I miss working on
>>my Scouts), but now that the weather has gotten colder, a funny problem has
>>developed in my 77 SSII. When she is cold, there is no stumbling - she

Thanks for the reply Tom and Amanda. This problem really bugs me. I want
change  carbs or possibly go to fuel injection, but this is my daily driver
for now, and I basically have little income at this point in my life.

I suppose I shall live with it for now. Was hoping I could easily fix it.
Then again, wouldn't changing jets be about a 3 hour job? That's not too
bad for a moderate mechanically inclined guy like me is it? I must say that
I'm rather hesitant to change jets tho, after reading much of the posts by
Landry et al. I need to think this through more I guess. Let's see, I get a
week off for Chritmas and that's it over the next year. Maybe I'll get a
new carb for Christmas!!! Heh. Just have to convice Santa (wife) how good
I've been! :) Dream on.........

Comments from Landry et al welcomed.

ronis