Re: 800 lift options

>My goal is to run 33's with decent articulation.  I don't think a lift of 3"
>would do this.  I'm thinking I need at least 4" to 4.5" Am I wrong?  I don't
>have access to a welder and can't afford to pay someone for the labor of
I've seen a spung over Scout 80(0?) in Belgrade the last time I was down
there.. right over by Kamp Implement (old IH Dealership, BTW)

>Are there any good alternatives? Rebending stock springs?  Using

I believe Scout MADness has a kit that will allow you (probably with some
welding required) to use Scout II springs.. which, stock, will raise a Scout
80(0) about 2".  Need more lift?  You can then buy a 2" or 4" Scout II lift
to net 4 or 6" of lift.

The great thing is you could do the swap to STOCK Scout II springs
(cheap/plentiful) for your 2" of lift, then figure out where you want to go
from there.  Maybe a 1 or 2" body lift and/or fender trimming would be the
cheap way to clear 33s.. or blow the bucks for a 2" or 3" Scout II lift.

>I'm really in a hurry to get this figured out since the snow is coming!

It won't be long!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs