800 lift options

Hello IH'ers,

I've called all the major IH shops and asked them about lifts for my 800. They
either only have lifts for scoutII's or I quess a couple of places had a partial
kit that gave 3" of lift. The one thing they all stated was that using an
early model CJ5 lift was an option.

Does this work? I've heard it doesn't fit and the springs are too soft?
Has anyone out there done this?  If you have I would like to know the +'s/-'s
of doing this.  Has anyone converted a lift kit from another vehicle?

My goal is to run 33's with decent articulation.  I don't think a lift of 3"
would do this.  I'm thinking I need at least 4" to 4.5" Am I wrong?  I don't
have access to a welder and can't afford to pay someone for the labor of a
springover.

Are there any good alternatives? Rebending stock springs?  Using add-a-leafs
with maybe 2" shackles? I would really appreciate any tips/advice you guys
have.
I'm really in a hurry to get this figured out since the snow is coming!

dazed and confused in Montana,
sean