re: ihc-digest v5 #6

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 06:32:20 -0500
From: "The Staub Family" <jstaub@domain.elided>
Subject: Whistling winds

My '79 Scout II has a bad whistle coming from both front windows. It
seems
to come from the channel between the window and the triangle vent
window. I
checked Super Scouts, and they don't sell replacement gaskets- they
suggested some kind of window felt. Anyone found a way to seal their
windows air-tite? Are there any suppliers for the gasket or felt?

Thanks,
John

John, I too have the same problems and I pulled the channel out of the
inside of the door to replace all the material. After about a month of
searching could not find none. I then called Tom at A.T Scouts because
he is an ex international factory worker and asked him. He did not know
but, he suggested to cut a pair of levis and contact cement that in. He
found it to last longer than the OEM material. I have not done it yet
but I will.

Hope it helps, Mike