Power Valves, 1710/2210

Hi guys,
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on the power valve issue:  2300 series holleys
(like the IHC 1710 user on my
'64 304) are prone to blowouts.  It's a fairly simple modification to
install a check-ball in the passage to the power-valve to avoid this
problem.

Those on the 2210 (later emmissions carb) are set up differently, and I'm
still looking to get to study one.  I haven't ever gotten to see a 2210 up
close, but it appears to be in the 2010 family.  2010's are a pretty cool
arrangement that's less prone to leaking than the 1710 because the float
bowl doesn't unscrew, it's cast into the body of the carb.  Access to the
float bowl is gained by unbolting the whole top of the carb, like an
edelbrock/carter (cool) or a motorcraft (yuck).  If it's the same family,
it may also have the annular discharge nozzles.  These babys provide a
really strong vacum signal and are good about distributing the fuel
finely/evenly.

Can anyone who has a 2210 verify whether it's set up like a 2010 (bowl cast
into carb body, no separate metering block) or the 2300 series (separate
bowl and metering block held together like a banjo)?  I'd be curious to
know.

Michael J. Yancey                  michaely@domain.elided