Re: Resistance Wire

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 08:57:47 -0600, you wrote:

>According to my service manual, the hot wire going to the coil is a 10
>Ohm resistance wire.  I think any 10 Ohm balast resister would do the
>job.

Exactly the kind of information I was looking for... thanks Doug.  Owen
Minor of Tacoma has been kind enough to offer me a used IH ballast resister
that should work fine, but in case it doesn't, now I have some idea of the
resistance required.

>A fellow club member tried to run his 800 without a resister, and he
>cooked three coils before figuring it out.

That's exactly why I'm asking... just about every point type system I've
ever seen has some sort of resister in the feed wire to the coil.

Thanks,

John
jlandry@domain.elided              |     - Washington State Residents -
Conservative Libertarian         |  PRESERVE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!
Life Member of the NRA           |      Vote NO on Initiative 676...
WA Arms Collectors               | It's just another scheme funded by big
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |  money to strip away your privacy and
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  |  force the registration of gun owners.