GM 350 swaps

Bill Thebert wrote in the Binder Bulletin "Tech-Talk" section
:
>Stay tuned for an article in the next Binder Bulletin about a bunch of
Chevy >swaps (engines, transmissions, >etc.)

Way to go, Bill, and yes, I *can* wait.  Hopefully you can address the
issue that some swaps will, undoubtably, go into six cylinder frames and
some will go into v-8/4 cyl. frames?  My dilemma:  I have a perfectly good
392 that I'd like to put into a 1972 RHD 2wd Scout (6cyl).  I want to keep
this beast 2wd for liteness, commuting, etc.  Anyway, to put the 392 in,
I'll have to cut the 6cyl. engine supports off and weld on eight cylinder
supports.  I have a welder (mig), am a beginner--but have access to a
"nuclear reactor weldor".  Something in me says this is *not* the way to go
wrt (with respect to) the frame.  Soooo, the thought goes to a 350 Chevy
with a 700R4 (the 700R4 being a "bennie" with the OD).  Don't forget I
won't have to worry the transfer case issue.  To put a Chevy 350 in a 6 cyl
scout, will welding be required, or will adapters made by Advance Adapters
eliminate this step?  Comments???
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolute nothing -- half
so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
The Water Rat
From The Wind in the Willows  by Kenneth Grahame,1967